I drew it on the wall! It was so freeing and it sure helped me get the feel of it and draw the design the size I wanted to do it on the quilt. I wasn't sure what Hubby would say, but he thought it "looked nice". It gave me the idea to maybe paint that wall with chalk board paint.
Here is what it looked like done on the quilt. What I liked about this design was the little swirly bits. I used them to "fill in" around the flowers. So if I was stuck in a weird place that a flower wouldn't fit, I did a swirl to get out.
As you can see, it is a strip quilt. Don't seem to get tired of this pattern.
I have been sewing strips to paper like you do for foundation piecing. Then you have to rip off all of the paper. Of which I have a pile in my living room as we speak, from the next one in progress. I have since discovered there is a ruler you can use! Did not know there was such a thing. I am getting one!
Going to link up with Pat's TGIFF.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. In Canada it is a long one.
Watch out for today's blessings.